- In October 2020 a session on Breast Cancer Awareness was organized in collaboration with RAKSHA, the All India Radiologists’ Association. Dr Sangeeta Saxena apprised the students of the challenges and solutions.
- In December 2020 a session, “Betiyan Anmol Hain” was organized. Dr Sangeeta Saxena apprised the students of the menace of female foeticide.
D- MASTER’S CLUB
- At the Inaugural function of D-Master’s Club of 27th August, 2016. An installation ceremony was conducted and the office bearers were appointed. Ms. Simarpreet Kaur of B. Com-III was elected President of the club.
- A workshop on ‘Interview Skills’ was held under the club by Mrs. Pooja Kapoor, Head, People Academy HR consultants. Practical demonstrations were also made to help the students learn this essential skill. Students participated in debate “T.V..
- Serials are destroying the flavor of social relationships”. It was followed by a rebuttal and a heated discussion was witnessed. The members of the club enthusiastically participated in the open discussion.
- A Lecture on “Awareness of Renewable Energy” in collaboration with Chandigarh Renewable Energy & Tech. Promotion Society (CREST) on 19th September,2016.
- A lecture on the ‘Awareness about Renewable Sources of Energy’ was held on 21st November, 2016 in collaboration with CREST Chandigarh. Dr. SakshiGautam from Department of Physics, Panjab University, and Chandigarh delivered lecture on the importance of Renewable Sources of Energy.
- Inter College Power-Point Presentation and Essay Writing Competition on Recent Advancements in Sciences was held on 9th February, 2017. About 25 teams from various city colleges participated who presented their views on topics like Lifi, Nanoscience, Neutrino Oscillations, Space and Science and many more. Winners were provided with prizes and certificates. 4. Intra-College Quiz Competition was organized by Department of Physics in collaboration with Department of Science and Technology Chandigarh Administration, to celebrate National Science Day on 27th February, 2017.
- Students of the BBA Department enthusiastically participated in Management games on the theme of ‘Out of the box thinking’ and ‘Team Building’
- Logo Designing competition on the theme of online shopping, hospitality, Banking and Service Sector along with power point presentation competition was conducted on 17th February, 2017.
RED RIBBION CLUB
- Red Ribbon Club organized an Awareness Lecture on HIV (AIDS) on 16th November, 2016. Mrs. Sunil, Assistant Director, Chandigarh state Aids Control Society was the speaker.
- Puppet Show was organized on on 21st March, 2017 for the students as a part of AIDS (Awareness) Campaign
Six students of BA-II successfully completed one and half months training programme on ‘Psychometrics’ at state council of Education, Research and Training, Sector-32, Chandigarh from 1st February to 31st March 2017.
- The Department of Punjabi and Hindi organized a workshop on “Creative Writing Skills” on 1st March, 2016. The resource persons Dr. Anil kumar sharma (senior officer AG Haryana) and Mrs. Manjeet Indra (ex deputy director dpi, Punjab)talked about the techniques which are useful to develop creative writing skills.
- One-hour lecture cum Demonstration was organized in the department by “USHA Sewing Machines Company” in August 2016.
- “Ringing Bell” a two-day workshop was organized with Pidilite Company on 25th & 26th October, 2016, in which students made Diwali gift items with household waste material and an exhibition was put up in the college campus by the students.
- ‘Tile Painting Workshop’ was organized on 27th October, 2016 with the Pidilite Company. Artist Narita demonstrated Tile Painting. Students made beautiful tiles which were exhibited in the college campus on 29th October, 2016
- A one-day workshop by “Jaswinder Singh- Artist cum Teacher” from Patiala was organized by Fine Arts Department on 27th February, 2017. 3. one-hour lecture cum Demonstration was organized in the department by “USHA Sewing Machines Company” in August 2016..
- Deepika Tiwari of B.Com-III was inducted as the new Rotaract club President along with 77 members on 1st September, 2017. The Secretary of the club apprised everyone about the activities undertaken by the club in the previous session.
- Rotaract club members participated in Blood Donation Awareness Campaign on 1st October 2017 at sector 17, Chandigarh.
- On 17th October, 2017 on the International Day for Eradication of Poverty, Rotaractors interacted with the underprivileged children in Sector 20 and distributed clothes, shoes and items to them.
- 6 Rotaractors taught slum children on weekends at their home. The children showed keen interest to learn counting and English. After two months they showed keenness to go to school.
- 12 Rotaractors celebrated Children’s Day with underprivileged children in Sector 38 on 14th November, 2017. They were apprised about the significance of Children’s Day. The Rotaractors played games with them and gave away gifts.
- On 26th November, 2017, 7 Rotaractors assisted the doctors at the Health Camp organized at Shri Satya Sai Old Age Home at Sector 30.
- On 16th February,2017, 4 Rotaractors participated in the Annual Vishnu Kumar Gupta Memorial Debate Competition organized by Rotary Club Chandigarh Midtown on the Topic” Adhaar-A welfare measure or invasion of privacy”.
- Rotaractors celebrated Mothers language Day with the students of Government Model School, sector 33, Chandigarh on 24th February, 2017. The students were shown a video on Diversity in India and Theme based Quiz Competition was held.
CAREER AND PLACEMENT CELL
The career and placement cell organized campus placement Drive on 31st January, 2017. It created a record in the placement history of College as 1341 students from trinity colleges were registered.
As many as 15 companies from different sectors like Aviation, IT, Banking, Finance, and Retail etc. visited the campus for recruitment and internship. Aditya Birla Financial Senior Group, Indigo, Airlines, SETKO life sciences and career Maker Immigration Solutions participated in the recruitment process. 5 students were hired by Durable products with a pay package of 1.2 lacs. 3 students of
Different local colleges have been offered a career as cabin crew with Indigo airlines with lucrative salaries. Career Makers Immigration Solution shortlisted 50 plus students in the first round of interview and were offered a package of above 2 lacs. Around 400 students were shortlisted by different companies.
- The following activities were organized by the cell to provide career guidance to the students:
- Career launcher hold a seminar on Vedic mathematics on 19th September, 2016.
- Bulls Eyes gave a talk on “Viable Careers options” on 16th September, 2016.
- IBM guided students about “role of analytics in business on 19th January, 2017.
- Student Space Company conducted a seminar on new technologies in IT industry on 20th September.
- Eprofess group hold a seminar on summer internship programme on 30th March, 2017.
Sexual Harassment, Grievance and Anti Ragging Cell
Helps in direct communication of the students with the authorities. The students can give their suggestions in writing and put them in the suggestion box. The box is opened periodically.
Samvedna is a counselling helpline of Dev Samaj College for Women, Sector 45-B, Chandigarh. It is an emotional anchor for our students to destress and help them in coping up with various social, and career related issues. The students may contact:Dr. Satinderjit Kaur
Lecturer in Psychology