- The Women Cell was formed in 2008 with a multi-faceted motive of women empowerment, gender equity and Sensitizing towards menace of physical and emotional violence directed towards women. The cell organizes events that are directed towards orienting the society in general and students in particular to stand up for the issues pertaining women. Successful women from all walks of life are invited to interact with students and motivate them to grow into strong women.
D- MASTER’S CLUB
- D-Masters’ Club has been formed to inculcate communication skills and personality development among students for which experts from different walks of life are invited to interact with students and thus giving them exposure to learn co-curricular skills that help them in the times to come.
- Epsilon Club is a club for science students registered under Science Club scheme of the Department of Science & Technology & Renewable Energy, Union Territory, Chandigarh. The objective of this club is to popularize science and enable students to explore scientific knowledge through various activities, field trips and practical demonstrations. The students explore their skills and enhance their knowledge in all types of inventions.
- Students of the BBA Department enthusiastically participated in Management games on the theme of ‘Out of the box thinking’ and ‘Team Building’
- Logo Designing competition on the theme of online shopping, hospitality, Banking and Service Sector along with power point presentation competition was conducted on 17th February, 2017.
- The Digital Cell was founded in 2018 with a motive of streamlining the processes of IT-related services including the college website and its periodic updates, wi-fi and Internet facility among others. The Cell got the college website recreated in 2019-20 and looks after IT needs of the college.
RED RIBBON CLUB
- Red Ribbon Club of the college is initiated and supported by Chandigarh State AIDS Control Society, UT Chandigarh. The Club In-charge of RRC is Mrs. Leena Gupta and Co-in charge Dr. Rita Rai. Red Ribbon Club is a movement started by the Government of India in schools and colleges through which, students will spread awareness over HIV / AIDS. It envisages instilling charity mind among all the students to extend their able help towards developing healthy life styles, donating blood to all the needy by promotion of Regular voluntary blood donation. RRC is a platform where knowledge and skill building sessions are conducted for the youth population.
The club gives a complete view of the world of psychology to the students focusing on the practical application of various theories and ideas in psychology.
- Triveni is a club formed collectively by the departments of English, Punjabi and Hindi in 2019 with a motive of honing the creative and literary skills among students. Under the club, acclaimed personalities from literary background are invited from time to time for interacting with the students.
- One-hour lecture cum Demonstration was organized in the department by “USHA Sewing Machines Company” in August 2016.
- “Ringing Bell” a two-day workshop was organized with Pidilite Company on 25th & 26th October, 2016, in which students made Diwali gift items with household waste material and an exhibition was put up in the college campus by the students.
- ‘Tile Painting Workshop’ was organized on 27th October, 2016 with the Pidilite Company. Artist Narita demonstrated Tile Painting. Students made beautiful tiles which were exhibited in the college campus on 29th October, 2016
- A one-day workshop by “Jaswinder Singh- Artist cum Teacher” from Patiala was organized by Fine Arts Department on 27th February, 2017. 3. one-hour lecture cum Demonstration was organized in the department by “USHA Sewing Machines Company” in August 2016..
- Deepika Tiwari of B.Com-III was inducted as the new Rotaract club President along with 77 members on 1st September, 2017. The Secretary of the club apprised everyone about the activities undertaken by the club in the previous session.
- Rotaract club members participated in Blood Donation Awareness Campaign on 1st October 2017 at sector 17, Chandigarh.
- On 17th October, 2017 on the International Day for Eradication of Poverty, Rotaractors interacted with the underprivileged children in Sector 20 and distributed clothes, shoes and items to them.
- 6 Rotaractors taught slum children on weekends at their home. The children showed keen interest to learn counting and English. After two months they showed keenness to go to school.
- 12 Rotaractors celebrated Children’s Day with underprivileged children in Sector 38 on 14th November, 2017. They were apprised about the significance of Children’s Day. The Rotaractors played games with them and gave away gifts.
- On 26th November, 2017, 7 Rotaractors assisted the doctors at the Health Camp organized at Shri Satya Sai Old Age Home at Sector 30.
- On 16th February,2017, 4 Rotaractors participated in the Annual Vishnu Kumar Gupta Memorial Debate Competition organized by Rotary Club Chandigarh Midtown on the Topic” Adhaar-A welfare measure or invasion of privacy”.
- Rotaractors celebrated Mothers language Day with the students of Government Model School, sector 33, Chandigarh on 24th February, 2017. The students were shown a video on Diversity in India and Theme based Quiz Competition was held.
CAREER AND PLACEMENT CELL
The career and placement cell organized campus placement Drive on 31st January, 2017. It created a record in the placement history of College as 1341 students from trinity colleges were registered.
As many as 15 companies from different sectors like Aviation, IT, Banking, Finance, and Retail etc. visited the campus for recruitment and internship. Aditya Birla Financial Senior Group, Indigo, Airlines, SETKO life sciences and career Maker Immigration Solutions participated in the recruitment process. 5 students were hired by Durable products with a pay package of 1.2 lacs. 3 students of
Different local colleges have been offered a career as cabin crew with Indigo airlines with lucrative salaries. Career Makers Immigration Solution shortlisted 50 plus students in the first round of interview and were offered a package of above 2 lacs. Around 400 students were shortlisted by different companies.
- The following activities were organized by the cell to provide career guidance to the students:
- Career launcher hold a seminar on Vedic mathematics on 19th September, 2016.
- Bulls Eyes gave a talk on “Viable Careers options” on 16th September, 2016.
- IBM guided students about “role of analytics in business on 19th January, 2017.
- Student Space Company conducted a seminar on new technologies in IT industry on 20th September.
- Eprofess group hold a seminar on summer internship programme on 30th March, 2017.
Sexual Harassment, Grievance and Anti Ragging Cell
Helps in direct communication of the students with the authorities. The students can give their suggestions in writing and put them in the suggestion box. The box is opened periodically.
Samvedna is a counselling helpline of Dev Samaj College for Women, Sector 45-B, Chandigarh. It is an emotional anchor for our students to destress and help them in coping up with various social, and career related issues. The students may contact:Dr. Satinderjit Kaur
Lecturer in Psychology